Productive Things to Do When Bored
When you think of the term being productive, what comes to mind? At first, I thought being productive mean’t that I was going have to do something drastic and took up a lot of my time. But that is further from the truth! Finding productive things to do when bored can be difficult. I find myself at times mindlessly scrolling through social media or spending hours binge watching my favorite show on Netflix to avoid my responsibilities.
Why is Being Productive Important?
I know that finding productive things to at home or even finding productive things to do at work can be a challenge. However, making the most out of your down time is essential to your self improvement and personal growth journey!
I have made it a personal mission to find productive things to do in my free time, and make the most out of what little of it that I have.
Below I have listed 32 productive things to do when you’re bored that may seem small at first glance. However, we have to remember that it is the small things done over time that lead to the big results and changes in the end.
32 Ways to be Productive When Bored
- Plan your day
- Make to-do lists
- Create a time management strategy
- Set goals for yourself
- Read a personal development book
- Clean a room in your house
- Plan your meals for the week
- Listen to a podcast
- Watch an inspiring TED TALK
- Spend some time journaling
- Create and weekly/monthly budget
- Plan your dream vacation
- Organize your bills
- Do some bible study
- Clean out your fridge
- Have self care day
- Organize your desk space
- Create a vision board
- Write 3 things you are grateful for and why
- Plan your outfits for the week
- Learn a new skill
- Go to the gym for a workout
- Take a walk in the park
- Research a side hustle that interests you
- Create the perfect morning routine
- Do your laundry
- Discover new ways to get involved in your community
- Connect with someone you haven’t seen in a while
- Find a documentary to watch
- Make your grocery list
- Declutter your phone
- Apply for a job
You may also enjoy