Here are some simple and effective journal prompts for self discovery and self improvement to use this year.
I believe journaling is the number one tool to use allow yourself to be transformed by your thoughts and feelings rather than being consumed by them.
I hope these journal prompts help you on your personal growth journey and help you transform into your best self!
JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF DISCOVERY
Related: The Girl Boss Morning Routine
1. Where do you want to be in 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years? – Describe in detail
2. What do you do daily that makes me feel good?
3. How can you instill a positive mindset daily
4. What does your ideal day look like?
5. When do you feel most in-tune with yourself?
6. How would you describe yourself to others?
7. How would others describe you?
8. What is something in my life that you could improve?
9. Are you where you want to be in your life?
10. How do you demonstrate self care on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis?
11. What is your greatest strength?
12. What do you value in life?
13. What are you grateful for?
14. How do you manage stress in your life?
15. What is your favorite way to relieve your stress?
16. What is one way you can invest in yourself this year?
17. What do you love most about yourself?
18. What makes you feel good inside and out?
19. What motivates you to keep going everyday?
20. What are 10 things that make you smile?
21. What does happiness mean to you?
22. What are you doing to make your dreams a reality?
23. What are your dream travel destinations?
24. Who has made a significant impact on your life and why?
25. When was the last time you were proud of yourself and why?
26. What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
27. What makes you feel unsatisfied?
28. How do you lift your mood when you are feeling down?
29. When do you feel at peace?
30. Are you content with your life at this very moment?
31. What is something that you need to let go of?
32. What calms you down when you feel upset?
33. What do you wish others took the time to learn about you?
34. Write out 5 daily affirmations to use daily.
35. What are you passionate about?
36. How do you control negative thinking?
37. How can you step out of my comfort zone?
38. Are you holding a grudge against anyone? What will you do to forgive them?
39. Are you holding a grudge against yourself? What will you do to forgive yourself?
40. How do you spend your free time?
41. How can you be more productive?
42. What are your favorite things about yourself?
43. What obstacles do you encounter within yourself?
44. In what areas in your life do wish to spend more or less time?
45. What are the greatest insights you have gained?
46. Who does your support team consist of?
47. What daily actions do you take help yourself stay present and connected?
48. What can you everyday to be a blessing to someone else?
49. What are some ways you can give to others?
50. How has your life changed for the better this year?
Related: How to Change Your Life in 2020
– With Love, Mallory